My new favorite dessert: Healthy cinnamon rolls. I grew up in Hamburg and that thought me to love of The Franz buns almost with breast milk.
But the cinnamon buns were just as well a highlight among the pastries for me. Generally, cinnamon is just one of my absolute weaknesses.
That’s why I thought cinnamon pastries have to become healthy. So why not a compromise between Franzbrötchen and Cinnamon Bun ? However, since both have just too many calories, my task was not so easy. In the end, though, I think I did it! The result was this super tasty healthy cinnamon roll recipe.
- 100 ml water warm
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 g sugar
- 41 g fresh yeast
- 150 g spelt flour
- 30 g Xucker light
- 5 g cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- Pour the water into a bowl and add sugar and a pinch of salt and mix gently
- Now crumble the fresh yeast and let the whole thing Ferment for at least for 15 minutes.
- While the yeast is fermenting, get your stirrer and a bowl.
- Add the spelt flour and a little xucker with a pinch of cinnamon.
- When the yeast is fermented, mix a little and add to the flour.
- Now knead the whole thing well with the kneading hooks until everything has mixed.
- Now cover the dough with a cloth and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- After the dough has rested a little, remove from the bowl and knead neatly on a lightly floured work surface! For at least 10 minutes, until the dough stops sticking and develops a smooth surface.
- Then form the dough into a large ball, put it back in the bowl and cover with cling film.
- Allow the dough to ferment for another 50 minutes.
- After the dough has fermented and has assumed about twice the volume, roll out on a lightly floured work surface (as angular as possible, the thicker the more similar the rolls, a cinnamon snail)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Heat the butter lightly until liquid and mix with the xucker and cinnamon.
- Spread the cinnamon butter evenly on the dough.
- Now gently roll the dough together to a roll.
- The finished roll in small rolls (approx. 8 pieces and placed side by side in a run-up mould
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180 °C with top/under heat.
- Allow to cool briefly and enjoy!
For all cinnamon lovers as I am one, I also recommend to you my apple cinnamon oatmeal. The perfect healthy 😉 breakfast